Re: Boot Instal thru Loadlin and initrd image

On Wednesday 17 August 2005 06:12, Avid LinuxHacker wrote:
> A reply to my installation question in the users forum has raised a
> concern that I am hoping someone here can resolve quickly.  The
> respondant to the loadlin & initrd boot/install question stated that it
> is no longer possible to do an installation by booting thru an initrd
> image. Is this true?  Here is the thread in question.

I have today managed to boot from dos using loadlin.
The version of loadlin I used is 1.6c.
The kernel and initrd I used are from the hd-media installation method.

The command I used to load linux was:
loadlin vmlinux /dev/ram rw root=/dev/ram initrd=initrd.gz ramdisk_size=1000

The ramdisk_size is probably a bit higher than strictly needed.

Cheers,
FJP