Re: how to make a 2.6.11 kernel package with dependency of module-init-tools using make-kpkg

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 05:35:47PM +0300, moskov@linux.tu-varna.acad.bg wrote:
>    I'm trying to make a custom debian CD with a custom kernel. The instalation works perfectly until the moment when the kernel package is installed, when depmod is executed. It fails with tons of errors about unresolved symbols, because the default depmod is from the modutils package. I can figure out 2 possible solutions: to include module-init-tools somehow in the base installation so it is installed before the kernel or to update the dependencies of the kernel image package with module-init-tools. I noticed that in the 2.6.8-2 kernel that comes with Sarge, module-init-tools is included as a dependency. I tried to modify manualy the debian/control file and to iclude module-init-tools as a dependency, but every time I run make-kpkg it is overwriten.
>
>    So my question is how to make make-kpkg include module-init-tools as a dependency, or how to make module-init-tools be installed before the kernel package.

I modified base-installer-udeb package when I built a custom cd with
2.6.12 on it, since I also noticed module-init-tools were not in the
dependancy list of new 2.6 kernels.  I just made the postinst script
handle it an appropriate place in base-installer.

Len Sorensen