cdebconf debug

Hi,
a few weeks ago I set up a debug environment for debugging the gtk code
for cdebconf in a really short time: too bad I've accidentally deleted my
..gdbinit and I cannot get it to work any longer.

Here's the setup:
HOST:
I have a checkout of trunk/packages/cdebconf containing
the sources and the unstripped binaries in my home (so debconf.c
is in "~/cdebconf/src" and "gtk.so" is in
"~/cdebconf/src/modules/frontend/gtk")

TARGET
I use qemu launched with "-s", awaiting for gdb on port 1234; inside qemu
I run a custom "mini.iso" with the various udebs for cdebconf aligned with
those on the host (even if they could be stripped on the targed, I pulled
in exaclty the same binaries I have on the host). As you know gtk.so is
located inside /usr/lib/cdebconf/frontend/, debconf is instead inside
/usr/bin

So, I start qemu, I then "gdb debconf" (inside my local
~/cdebconf/src). I can see debconf.c sources
and set a breakpoint for example at line 140; I then "continue"
and play with the installer until I hit the breakpoint: everything
is fine up to here.
I cannot set breakpoints inside gtk.c anymore.
I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH as to point to
~/cdebconf/src/modules/frontend/gtk
and to set the solib-search-path variable but NOTHING!
I swear it did work and I'm sure I'm missing something stupid, but there's
nothing like tryin to remember how you did something.

save me

thanx
Davide