Re: Cross-compiling debian-installer.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 07:56:28PM +0400, Wartan Hachaturow wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I would like to play a bit with the cross-compilability of
> debian-installer and therefore interested in previous attempts to do
> that -- anyone tried it before?

Yes, ages ago. My initial attempts at trying to build debian-installer
for m68k focused on cross-compiling. However, that's at least one
redesign of the d-i build system ago.

> I know cross building is not supported out of the box, but probably
> there were some patches against this earlier..
> What might be the issues that I may come across?

IIRC, the showstopper that made me stop my attempts at cross-compiling
was the library reduction, which assumes target==host in a number of
places. Could be wrong, though; in any case, there are many, many places
where you'll find (small or large) bummers.

pavement is precisely one bananosecond