Re: Re: gtk libs: the recipe

Hi,
First of all here is the set of udebs for cdebconf, including the gtk one recopmpiled against the directfb libs
http://www.webalice.it/zinosat/cdebconf_0.84_dfb_i386_udebs.tgz

> I very much doubt that _all_ files that are currently in the tarbal are
> actually needed for d-i. It would be nice if the number of files could be
> reduced somehow.

True, I included the complete set of files produced after cpmpilation and and installation (via "make install DESTDIR=$MY_OWN_INSTALL_DIR): this inscludes also documentation files, include files and so on.
If you untar the file on the root of a system (i.e. a chrood environment), you'll be able to compile against the libs
(it is necessary for example when you want to compile gtk.so).
I'm sure that the installer will need just few of those files: I'm still busy figuring out if/how the installer works
Using those libs rather than optimizing things.

>   There already is a udeb from directfb: libdirectfb-0.9-22-udeb

Yes, but it is very outdated: the one I recompiled uses snapshots from the most recent libs.
It has to be said that the directfb team is waiting gtk+2.8 to be released before they'll tag an
Official libdirectfb-0.9-x version; I'm sure the official maintainers of the udebs will then
Package what has to be packaged but if we want to start testing things and seeing how stable/usable
They are and if we want to speed up things a bit on this front rather than waiting for official
Releases to happen (at least this is what I'd like to achieve)

> I could not find any existing Debian packages for:
> and probably:
> - gdk-directfb

Gdk-directfb is "shipped" as a directfb component: it has then to be placed inside the official gtk+ source
Tree, a patch has to be applied and after that gtk+ can be built: I think it has to be thought as part of the gtk+
Libs.

Ciao,
Davide

                         (####)