Re: mknod problem

On Tue, Aug 02, 2005 at 03:45:34PM +0200, zinosat@tiscali.it wrote:
> While I was doing some tests with debian-testing-i386-businesscard.iso and
> the gtk fe
> I noticed the mouse was not working (it was certainly working with the official
> sarge netinst).
> Since no /dev/psaux was present,  i did
>
> ~ # mknod /dev/psaux c 10 1
> ~ # ls -l /dev/psaux
>
> crw-r--r--  1 root  root  10,  1 Aug  2 10:48 /dev/psaux
>
> ~ # cat /dev/psaux
> cat: /dev/psaux: No such device
>
> Not sure if that is a bug or it is just me doing something wrong.

Is psmouse driver loaded?  I believe current 2.6 kernels export all mice
on the system combined in /dev/input/mice, which may make it a better
device to access the mouse through (at least simpler for configuration
in many cases).  /dev/psaux should still work though if the driver is
loaded.

Len Sorensen