Re: sata troubles

On Monday 01 August 2005 21:57, Nicolas Bertolissio wrote:
> I've tried linux26 and expert26 but it cannot detect my harddrive,
> saying that ide-mod, ide-probe-mod, ide-detect and ide-floppy modules
> are missing.
> I've tried loading only ide-generic, ide-cd and iso9660 in expert26
> mode but it didn't help.
>
> can I try something else or must I wait for new version of daily build
> with a new kernel and more sata modules?

The daily builds have just been upgraded to using the 2.6.12 kernel.
Also, a newer version of discover (1.2005.07.31) has just been uploaded
yesterday and should be on the daily netinst CDs in a few days.
Both these changes could help you.

It may be that modules needed for your controller are not loaded
automatically. Try to find out what modules are needed and load them
manually from VT2 using modprobe.

If it does not work, please file a full installation report [1].

Cheers,
FJP

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

P.S. Please use a _working_ address in your reply to next time...
If you don't want spam on your main address, get a free address from
somewhere temporarily.