Re: Unable to enable IDE harddisc DMA on VIA KT 880, VIA VT 8237 chipset

[Please include my email address in any replies]

Hi Frans Pop

On 31/07/05 22:22, Frans Pop wrote:
On Sunday 31 July 2005 22:58, J. Grant wrote:
I wonder if someone could help me get my hard drives running a a
reasonable performance.  I installed a debian sarge preview in Jan this
year.  See attatched install report if you would like to see the
details.

debian-boot is not the correct list for such questions.
Please ask on debian-user.

Ok, sorry. I had thought this was the technical discussion list.
I'll forward my email there, thanks for the pointer.

now2g:/home/now3d# hdparm -d 1 /dev/hdc

/dev/hdc:
   setting using_dma to 1 (on)
   HDIO_SET_DMA failed: Operation not permitted
   using_dma    =  0 (off)

Looks like you try to give this command as normal user. Try as root...

Was as root... (#)  (and it was not mounted..)

Kind regards
JG