Bug#274617: marked as done (Timezone not selected using existing system timezone)
Your message dated Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:35:07 -0700
with message-id <E1DycVXemail@example.com>
and subject line Bug#274617: fixed in tzsetup 0.1
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.
This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.
(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere. Please contact me immediately.)
Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)
Received: (at submit) by bugs.debian.org; 3 Oct 2004 02:17:57 +0000
>From firstname.lastname@example.org Sat Oct 02 19:17:57 2004
Received: from xc.net (defiant.xc.net) [220.127.116.11]
by spohr.debian.org with esmtp (Exim 3.35 1 (Debian))
id 1CDvwj-0008W4-00; Sat, 02 Oct 2004 19:17:57 -0700
Received: from jason by defiant.xc.net with local (Exim 3.35 #1 (Debian))
for <email@example.com>; Sun, 03 Oct 2004 02:17:56 +0000
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 02:17:56 +0000
Subject: Timezone not selected using existing system timezone
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
From: Jason Wies <firstname.lastname@example.org>
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.60-bugs.debian.org_2004_03_25
(1.212-2003-09-23-exp) on spohr.debian.org
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-8.0 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_00,HAS_PACKAGE
Version: d-i pre-rc2
After the base pre-rc2 install and reboot into base-config.
I set the timezone to 'Eastern', completed the rest of base-config,
and the timezone was indeed set to EST/EDT. I immediately re-ran
base-config, and was prompted for the timezone again. 'Eastern' was
not selected by default, nor was US/North America, etc. The selection
of choices (the menu structure at least) was different from what was
presented the first time as well.
This has happened in all of the d-i betas/rc's/dailies that I've
tested. It should use the current timezone as the default.
Received: (at 274617-close) by bugs.debian.org; 29 Jul 2005 21:38:09 +0000
>From email@example.com Fri Jul 29 14:38:09 2005
Received: from joerg by spohr.debian.org with local (Exim 3.36 1 (Debian))
id 1DycVX-0004ji-00; Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:35:07 -0700
From: Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
X-Katie: lisa $Revision: 1.30 $
Subject: Bug#274617: fixed in tzsetup 0.1
Sender: Joerg Jaspert <email@example.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:35:07 -0700
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.60-bugs.debian.org_2005_01_02
(1.212-2003-09-23-exp) on spohr.debian.org
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-4.5 required=4.0 tests=BAYES_10,HAS_BUG_NUMBER
We believe that the bug you reported is fixed in the latest version of
tzsetup, which is due to be installed in the Debian FTP archive:
A summary of the changes between this version and the previous one is
Thank you for reporting the bug, which will now be closed. If you
have further comments please address them to firstname.lastname@example.org,
and the maintainer will reopen the bug report if appropriate.
Debian distribution maintenance software
Joey Hess <email@example.com> (supplier of updated tzsetup package)
(This message was generated automatically at their request; if you
believe that there is a problem with it please contact the archive
administrators by mailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:55:31 -0400
Architecture: source all
Maintainer: Debian Install System Team <email@example.com>
Changed-By: Joey Hess <firstname.lastname@example.org>
tzsetup-udeb - choose timezone (udeb)
Closes: 21698 274617 283149 313279
tzsetup (0.1) unstable; urgency=low
* Split off from base-config and rewritten.
* Only generate udeb (for now).
* Remove GMT setting support, goes to a new udeb.
* Removed confirmation questions and command line flags.
* Renamed templates all around for consistency.
* Ripped out all the nasty complexity of the state machine, now asks only
one simple question.
* Ripped out preseed_zone thing as there is only one question that needs
preseding in all cases now: time/zone.
* Generate templates containing lists of time zones for countries at build
time, with overrides for specific countries in the .in file.
* Add a prebaseconfig hook script to set the time zone in /target.
* Time zone is set before boot, so no more issues with daemons.
* Allows easily entering timezone by hand (at boot prompt ;-)
* No more dual timezone selection methods, now there's only one.
* No more question for Argintina, which has only one modern time zone.
* No more question for Great Britian, which also has only one modern
* Add a README.
* Remove Aleutian, Indiana-Starke, Michigan, and Arizona from US question
as all are only of historical interest.
* No more question for the Marshall Is, only one modern time zone.
* Same for Mali, Malaysia, Ukraine, and Uzbekistan.
* Svalbard and Jan Mayen are on Oslo time, add override.
* Updated translations:
- Arabic (ar.po) by Ossama M. Khayat
- Belarusian (be.po) by Andrei Darashenka
- Bulgarian (bg.po) by Ognyan Kulev
- Bosnian (bs.po) by Safir Å eÄ?eroviÄ?
- Catalan (ca.po) by Guillem Jover
- Czech (cs.po) by Miroslav Kure
- Welsh (cy.po) by Dafydd Harries
- Danish (da.po) by Claus Hindsgaul
- German (de.po) by Dennis Stampfer
- Greek, Modern (1453-) (el.po) by Greek Translation Team
- Esperanto (eo.po) by Serge Leblanc
- Spanish (es.po) by Javier FernÃ¡ndez-Sanguino PeÃ±a
- Estonian (et.po) by Siim PÃµder
- Basque (eu.po) by Piarre Beobide EgaÃ±a
- Persian (fa.po) by Arash Bijanzadeh
- Finnish (fi.po) by Tapio Lehtonen
- French (fr.po) by Christian Perrier
- Gallegan (gl.po) by Jacobo Tarrio
- Hebrew (he.po) by Lior Kaplan
- Hindi (hi.po) by Ravishankar Shrivastava
- Croatian (hr.po) by Krunoslav Gernhard
- Hungarian (hu.po) by VEROK Istvan
- Indonesian (id.po) by Arief S Fitrianto
- Italian (it.po) by Giuseppe Sacco
- Japanese (ja.po) by Kenshi Muto
- Korean (ko.po) by Changwoo Ryu
- Lithuanian (lt.po) by KÄ?stutis BiliÅ«nas
- Latvian (lv.po) by Aigars Mahinovs
- Malagasy (mg.po) by Jaonary Rabarisoa
- Macedonian (mk.po) by Georgi Stanojevski
- BokmÃ¥l, Norwegian (nb.po) by Hans Fredrik Nordhaug
- Dutch (nl.po) by Bart Cornelis
- Norwegian Nynorsk (nn.po) by HÃ¥vard Korsvoll
- Norwegian Nynorsk (pa_IN.po) by Amanpreet Singh Alam
- Polish (pl.po) by Bartosz Fenski
- Portuguese (pt.po) by Miguel Figueiredo
- Portuguese (Brazil) (pt_BR.po) by AndrÃ© LuÃs Lopes
- Romanian (ro.po) by Eddy PetriÅ?or
- Russian (ru.po) by Yuri Kozlov
- Slovak (sk.po) by Peter Mann
- Slovenian (sl.po) by Jure Ä?uhalev
- Albanian (sq.po) by Elian Myftiu
- Swedish (sv.po) by Per Olofsson
- Tagalog (tl.po) by Eric Pareja
- Turkish (tr.po) by Recai OktaÅ?
- Ukrainian (uk.po) by Eugeniy Meshcheryakov
- Vietnamese (vi.po) by Clytie Siddall
- Wolof (wo.po) by Mouhamadou Mamoune Mbacke
- Xhosa (xh.po) by Canonical Ltd
- Simplified Chinese (zh_CN.po) by Carlos Z.F. Liu
- Traditional Chinese (zh_TW.po) by Tetralet
9cf956236a8c1c3eed6e2cd14e5a0974 659 debian-installer standard tzsetup_0.1.dsc
fcbf96b6f050edcfd16f6af5d3c92fb2 53326 debian-installer standard tzsetup_0.1.tar.gz
9419cb06d603dddcfbb45b2ecf08306f 15790 debian-installer standard tzsetup-udeb_0.1_all.udeb
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----