Re: SATA install - AMD64 - success story

On Monday 25 July 2005 00:14, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:
> Hitachi 7k500 SATA hard drive
> Intel Pentium D 820 CPU
> ASUS P5WD2 Premium Edition motherboard
>
> I found that Ubuntu can install to the SATA drive but Debian Sarge
> cannot. I've used all sorts of remastered installers, including a
> 2.6.11 AMD64 version.  The problem was not detecting the disk, and was
> eventually solved by manually finding and doing an insmod on the
> ata_piix module (on the 2.6.11 remastered installer).  Hope this is
> helpful.

Could you please file a full installation report [1] and include the
output of lspci and lspci -n as indicated there?
The likely cause is that our hardware database does (did?) not know your
controller.

TIA,
Frans Pop

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template