Re: SPARC installation floppies for sarge

Steve wrote:
> I was wondering why there are no installation floppies for the sarge
> release as there was for woody: -
>
> http://ftp.debian.org/dists/oldstable/main/disks-sparc/current/
>
> On the sparc mailing list someone said I should contact you about it.
> Is this in progress?
>
> He did say help would be appreciated, not sure how much help I could be,
> but am willing to give a hand if possible.

We have support for building sparc boot floppies (for sparc32 only), but
it requires that the build run as root for silo to be installed to the
floppy image. Since the official installer builds cannot run as root,
the floppy images are not included. The daily sparc builds
(http://people.debian.org/~stappers/d-i/images/daily/) are run as root
and include floppy builds.

--
see shy jo