GTK frontend: call for testing the directframebuffer environment

Hi

as you may know the gtk frontend of the debian-installer is mostly working since it basically works (tought it still needs some improvements)

https://debian.polito.it/downloads/d-i_gtk_snapshots/

actually all those snapshot were taken on an X environment: up till some weeks ago X was the only working environment where the gtk frontend could be run. Anyway Mike Emmel has managed to insert directframebuffer support inside gtk 2.7 and Davide Viti has precompiled those gtkdfb libs

https://debian.polito.it/downloads/dfb_2.7.0-3.tgz

those libs usually work well for compiling & running generic gtk apps.
even the d-i gtk frontend compiles fine but there are still some problems to solve

http://mail.directfb.org/pipermail/directfb-dev/2005-July/000442.html

If we still plan to move from X to DFB as soon as it's possible (as soon as GTKDFB are stable enough) it would be great speedup in development if someone could test the gtk fe inside a dfb environment. I would like also to know what are the plans to pack the frontend and the choosed environment (X or DFB, the one we'll choose) inside the netinst cd. Since etch is out now we should start to think on how to relase the gtk installer

ciao

attilio