Sarge CD and floppies fail to boot on system that Woody boots on

Greetings,

I have an ALR 6x6 system (which I'll describe below in further detail) which is currently running Woody (i386). I want to wipe it clean and start over with Sarge.

This system boots a Woody (3.0r1/i386) install CD I burned just fine.
However, the SCSI controller in this system does not recognize the Sarge CD I burned (3.0r0a/i386) as being bootable. I have verified that the CD is bootable, as I can boot fine from it on other systems. Also, I can read this Sarge CD in the drive on the ALR when it has already booted off the HD.

In addition, I have tried booting the ALR from the Sarge i386 'boot' floppy. While the system does *not* complain that the floppy "is not a system disk", after accessing it for a few seconds it continues as if there is no floppy disk in the drive at all.

So I'm at a bit of a loss here. Anyone have any idea what the deal is or if there is anyone who I should contact directly about this?

Thanks!

Hardware Details:
This system has 6 200mhz PPros and 1GB RAM, though that shouldn't matter.
The SCSI controller is an AIC-7880U, and the CD drive is a Plextor 12x.

--
Dan@Moore.cx
moore.cx/dan