Future of ISC DHCP v2 packages in etch

Hi,

We (the ISC DHCP v3 package maintainers) are thinking about uploading dhcp3
as dhcp, thus removing DHCP v2 from the archive.

TTBOMK, this will affect d-i, as it is still using the dhcp-client udeb
provided by the DHCP v2 package.

So, before we go doing this and breaking things, I thought it best to give
people a bit of notice. My understanding is that dhcp3-client is too large,
so maybe something like udhcpc (or apparently klibc has a DHCP client)
instead?

Please let me know how you want to proceed with this. In the interim, I plan
on uploading a new upstream dhcp3 package in the next couple of weeks.

regards

Andrew