[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: [L10N:ro]Call for upload/RO translation still in BTS

On 6/3/05, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 01:03:41AM +0300, Eddy Petrisor wrote:
> > I was looking over the status of the Romanian translationsto check
> > that the latest translations will be included in sarge and found a few
> > pending bugs.
> >
> > debconf #303804 - is included in the unstable version, but not in
> > sarge; will 1.4.50 enter sarge? (po revision date: 2005-04-03)
> 1.4.50 will definitely not be in sarge.

As I said to Christian (BTS was CCed) I hope, at least that will be in
next versions of the package in sarge, after release.

> > aptitude #305282 - a new version of the romanian translation is available;

I forgot, aptitude ("PO-Revision-Date: 2005-04-19 03:49+0300\n")

> > shadow #308921 -  a new version of the romanian translation is
> > available (po revision date: 2005-05-13)
> > discover1 #295431 - a new version of the romanian translation is
> > available (po revision date: 2005-02-15)
> >
> >
> > Are the new po revisions going to included in sarge?
> It's probably too late unless you can get them uploaded and built

Well, except for shadow, all the others were long enough in BTS to be
included in Sarge.

Although I understand, I find this quite disappointing, as we have
tried to bring the whole installation process to 100% on all levels,
and now we see that will not be although we respected
deadlines/provided translations with sufficient time in advance.

While we thought that dpkg will be the only untranslated part of the
installer in Debian, dpkg _was_ uploaded, especially for Sarge due to
l10n reasons, at my request (thanks Scott, again), now we find that
packages that had a translation _waaaaaaaay_ before dpkg are *NOT*
going to be in Sarge.

This feels like all the work was done in vain; we (the RO team) feel
really disappointed by this.

We have set a goal which was doable;
We made everything we had to do to make it happen;
We have even pressed a maintainer to make un upload that seemed to be
imposible to have;

In the end, everything goes to pieces because we didn't had luck...

upload " -- Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> Sat, 9 Apr 2005
07:55:27 +0200" contains #303804, but not in sarge; more uploads were
made since then

#295431 (po revision date: 2005-02-15)
last upload " -- Joshua Kwan <joshk@triplehelix.org> Thu, 3 Feb 2005
09:26:05 -0800"
12 days after upload

#305282 - "PO-Revision-Date: 2005-04-19 03:49+0300\n")
Last upload - unstable " -- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> Wed,
6 Apr 2005 22:30:32 -0400"
13 days after upload

shadow - I admit is on short notice and you explained

> everywhere by dinstall tonight with no other changes that might possibly

so, the upload of shadow translation depends on d-i? or I didn't
understood something

> make us think twice about jamming them into testing at the last minute.
> Even that's cutting it fine ...

Is a translation, what could go wrong? O ram I misunderstanding something?

PS: I expect some violent responses, sadly

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" A.Einstein

Reply to: