Re: Infinite loop displaying 'Unknown localized field' messages when using preseed

Quoting hiweed leng (hiweed@gmail.com):

> I'm working on an automated Debian installation iso using debian-cd package.
> The iso was built successfully. In the /isolinux/isolinux.cfg file, there are l
> ines like this:
> DEFAULT /install/vmlinuz
> APPEND  preseed/file=/cdrom/.disk/preseed languagechooser/language-name=Chinese
>  (Simplified) countrychooser/shortlist=CN console-keymaps-at/keymap=us initrd=/
> install/initrd.gz ramdisk_size=10240 root=/dev/rd/0 devfs=mount,dall rw --
> But it gave you Infinite loop 'Unknown localized field' messages after booting.
> I changed the languagechooser/language-name=Chinese (Simplified) to languagecho
> oser/language-name=English , and it works fine.
>
> Well, how can I deal with the value with a BLANK character?
> I tried both 'Chinese (Simplified)' and "Chinese (Simplified)", but either is w
> rong.

This happens for all language names containing spaces.

You should include the language name in quotes:

languagechooser/language-name="Chinese (Simplified)"

This will NOT work with 2.6 installs, only for 2.4 installs. Indeed
there is currently NO WAY to preseed the language name for 2.6
installs if the language name includes spaces (both Chinese flavours
and both Norwegian flavours).

This will go away when we will include localechooser which will allow
to preseed a special value for the locale:

pressed/locale=zh_CN

Sorry for the inconvenience and the special "bad" treatment received
by Chinese language users. There's indeed no way to workaround this
easily because this is due to a different way to deal with environment
variables in 2.6 kernels.