Fwd: Issues with network card and installer [WAS: Re: Fwd: Re: Probably a stupid question but...]

The amd64 sarge installer:
> Pissing around with the "expert" mode of install leads me to belive that
> some (possibly all) the network modules are missing from the installer as
> well as some other modules.  In an attempt to get around this I installed
> another network card in the machine and tried to boot again.  Same failure
> but different module.
>

> So far the missing (or mismatched) modules are:
>
> tg3 (network)
> 8139too (network)
> ide-mod
> ide-probe-mod
> ide-detect
> ide-floppy
> eth1394
>
> Now without a network card I cannot continue - am I just unlucky insofar as
> the two network cards I have tried are just too exotic to make it onto the
> CD (seems unlikely) or is there a problem with the installer (in which case
> what do I do?),

I am a little late to the thread, so sorry if I repeat something that
has already been said.  Have you emailed any of
debian-testin@lists.debian.org, debian-release@lists.debian.org or
debian-boot@lists.debian.org?  Have you filed a bug against the
install-reports psuedo package?  Those are the best ways to let the
developers of the installer know that there is a problem.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~sanchezr