Re: boot problems

Hi Jatin Patel

Jatin Patel wrote:
> hello,
>
> I have downloaded debian 3.05 and have burnt these to disks, they were
> ISO images.

I assume here you mean the full CD-set debian 3.0 r5 (= woody revision 5).
This has definitely nothing to do with development of the new installer of
sarge, so you should keep this thread on debian-user@l.d.o only.

> Unfortunately when i out disk 1 into the computer boots up this is the
> message "attempting to boot from hard disk", "LI", "attemtempting to
> boot from cd rom".
>
> Any help.
>
> Debian 3.04 installs from my collegues disk, was there any specific way
> i should have burnt the disks? i was nero.
>
> Jatin Patel
> Technical Engineer

As you can boot from another CD, your BIOS settings seem to be OK.

Don't add this file to nero's explorer!
You have to open the ISO image within nero in order to burn it.

You can check this, by looking at the CD after burning.
If you see one *.iso file on it, you've done it wrong :-P

BTW:
Sarge is going to be released shortly after end of May.
If you are installing a newer machine (e.g. with SATA drives) this should be
the route to go.

Hope this helps a bit.

Bye
Christian