Re: Accessing directly the qemu filesystem

On Wed, 18 May 2005, Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim wrote:

> Is anyone using qemu for testing the installer? For example if we:
> % nice -19 qemu -hda hda.img -user-net -boot d -cdrom sarge-i386-1.iso
>
> Is there anyway to access directly the "hda.img" image from the host
> system?

Yes, you can use a loop device (as you would do to mount a file
containing a cdrom iso image) with the appropriate offset (see the
losetup command). The partition table and some basic math should tell
you the right value for the offset.

[ Remember not to fiddle with hda.img while qemu is using it ].