GTK frontend: crashing again

Hi

in my previous post i told you the correct tag for the main menu is "debian/main-menu" -> my fault, is "debian-installer/main-menu" :) (we really need to get this string from the outer world, since burning it inside the frontend is not very correct) Anyway the frontend now segfaults immediately after the startup (even before calling gtk_initialize() ) and this doesn't seem to be a problem related to cjw's code-revisitations, but rather a compilation problem: could it be? i've co from svn latest cdebconf, ran ./configure in src, then went to gtk and launched "make"; since it complained about undefined di_slist i also co libdebian-installer package and, inside the dir containing gtk.c, i linked libdebian-installer/include/debian-installer to make the compiler work. i've tested the just created gtk.so with the gtk stub that previously worked but all i could get were segfaults.
Is my compilation procedure correct? am i doing something wrong?

ciao

Attilio