Re: GTK X frontend now working!

Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> attilio wrote:
> > now the GTK X frontend works correcty (it no longer segfaults), the jump
> > mechanism too.
>
> When are you checking it into svn? :-)

Yes, that is a concern to me, also.

Attilio, from your reports and the screenshots you posted, you are
doing really great work which deserves team review and maybe some
early integration in the daily images build process.

Since May 1st, d-i development has started again and this is the exact
time to bring in new material. *Now*, not in 2-3 months where well will
maybe be thinking about about a first alpha version of the etch
installer.

So, please, check in what you already have, to expose it to the team's
review. This is the very best way to get your code integrated soon.

We can bet there will be some "criticisms" or whatever...but this is
just because several d-i team members are really good for this and
extract a brittle diamond from the dark stone it may be hidden in..:-)

On my own side, I expect high value added from the graphical installer
on the l10n side, for having d-i better support languages with
complicated rendering (such as Hindi, Punjabi, Thai...), because of
the use of the pango libraries.

So, having some early graphical installer ready when we will integrate
these languages in d-i will be of great help for their translators.