Net-instal sarge

i had installed sarge-i386-netinst, from .iso image
but there was no make and gcc in it, i have to switch on win$hit and
downlad it manually, is this a mistake? i need gcc and make for
compile my internet-connection program, is this mistake that you
forgot make and gcc or this is normal thing? maybe there will be some
day when i will need to install debian, and i will not have any other
operating system, and this is what we called a 'przypal' in poland :{

--
hex: 67726565747A2066726F6D20686172617300