[D-I] Resuming development : consequences for i18n/l10n

Dear translators of Debian Installer,

The development of D-I will be resumed in the unstable branch,
starting May 1st. Some changes have already been commited in some
areas.  This means that no string freeze is currently running in the
unstable branch and, thus, developers are likely to change
translatable strings when they need to. The only string freeze running
is FOR THE SARGE BRANCH.

So, I suggest you make your best to keep your language updated and
thus keep an eye on the statistics page at :

http://people.debian.org/~seppy/d-i/translation-status.html

The synchronisation script is now running again regularly so that the
stats of your language reflect your updates a few hours after they've
been commited.

For translators of "prospective languages" (mg, vi, hi, mk, tl, et,
be, pa_IN, kk, eo), we're currently considering the consequences of
"gates opening" and let your language become an officially d-i
supported language for post-sarge releases. It has been decided to do
this during development sessions which will take place at the Debian
Conference in Helsinki, Finland, early July.

Remember : DO NOT COMMIT ANYMORE TO TH SARGE BRANCH. Updates there
will be handled by synchronisation scripts. The only exception are the
Dutch translations as Dutch does not use the master file.

You can adopt any method you want to keep your translations updated:

-either update as soon as possible. You just risk that come detail
 corrections in changed strings, for consistency needs, may brek your
 updates a few hours after they've been made

-or update less regularly, by bigger batches. There's no real risk
 doing so....the only one being that I will think you're not active
 anymore and maybe harass you from time to time..:-)