Re: Making English the default on serial console installs

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 21:54, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [2005-03-15 21:46]:
> > I'm afraid this has to be post-RC3 now....and maybe even post-sarge
> > as changes to languagechooser may be quite tricky to do without
> > breaking it too much.
> >
> > How does one knows that we are in serial install mode? Is there a
> > debconf variable or something?
>
> Yes, debian-installer/serial-console will be true.

Actually, this is not true as this variable is currently set by
kbd-chooser which of course runs _after_ language/locale-chooser.

There are open bugs to have serial console detection done in an earlier
stage of installation. I plan to work on this soon.

Cheers,
FJP