net ok at stage 1, absent after reboot

I am not sure if this is the right way to make this
report-if not I apologize.

I installed sarge from release candidate 3 floppies
on my thinkpad 770x. It detected and used my pccard
(wired) ethernet adapter. Then when I rebooted to
continue the installation it reported 'does not seem
to be currently connected'. If I go to another virtual
terminal and simply run dhclient then the ethernet
connection is accomplished, as shown by ifconfig
and by successful pinging. When I return to the
installer on tty1 and back out to the beginning
and try to continue, it still reports that there
is no network connection.

I might have specified permanent connection when
asked during the initial install process but I do
not remember and have not been able to find a log.
That would account for the connection failure.

Is there a way to continue the installation?

Charles Kaufman
chuck@uri.edu