Re: Release Notes: Anyone working on upgrade-related release notes?

Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> The current Release Notes are very terse related to kernel upgrades, and
> IMHO should be extended providing a proper procedure for people that have
> installed woody using debian-boot (and thus have boot floppy kernels) and
> want to upgrade to sarge.

I'd assume that anyone who installed woody, did not notice that the
boot-floppies did not install a kernel package but just put files on
disk, and is now upgrading the sarge has probably been rooted in the
meantime by any of the hundred+ kernel security holes that have been
found since the last update of the boot-floppies kernels in 2002..

--
see shy jo