Help on development of a gtk frontend for the debian-installer

Hi everyone

i'm a computer science student at the polithecnic of turin and i'm working an the gtk frontend for the debian installer for my thesis. I'm now working on the gtk.c available via svn and managed to make the back/forward mechanism work by maipulating the question list before the gtk_go() returns (actually, if the question lists is truncated after the first question before returning frm gtk_go everything seems to work fine for some further steps). however the frontend works correctly only occasionally and i need some information about the frontend interface and especially about what to do with the question list passed to gtk_go. Shall i let it as it is before returning from gtk_go (but this way cdebconf crashes!), shall i truncate the list after the first element ( by setting q->next=NULL before returning ) or what else?
I would apeciate very much any little help!

Attilio