Re: patch on DHCP server setup

stappers@stappers.nl (Geert Stappers) writes:

> On Fri, Mar 18, 2005 at 05:25:13PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
[...]
>> The dhcp package is still in sarge, won't they rename dhcp3 to that when
>> they're ready for it to be used by default?
>
> Eloy, as maintainer of the ISC DHCP packages,
> what are your plans on naming the dhcp package?

It is my understanding that it is too late for renaming the ISC DHCP
packages. After Sarge we can think about what makes sense. A long time
ago I asked and was told that the DHCP v3 client was too big for the
installer. This was a long time ago and things might have changed with
d-i.

Cc'ing co-maintainers Matt Zimmerman and Andrew Pollock for additional
input.

Cheers,

Eloy.-