Re: Long pause when exim daemon is being stopped (was: Re: exim4 prone to break d-i, bug #297607)

On Monday 28 March 2005 00:21, Frans Pop wrote:
> So how come this pause has only recently become visible? I'm fairly
> sure that the pause was not there a few months ago (although I do 2nd
> stage installations a lot less than 1st stage installations).

OK. I've tested with the RC2 netinst CD which had exim4 version 4.34-7.

The difference is that exim used to only reload the config files on a
-reconfigure, while now it does a restart.

So, in the old situation the exim4 deamon started on system boot would
keep running, but now the old daemon is stopped and a new daemon is
started which indeed seems to inherit the SigIgnore settings from
base-config.

I tried adding a line with 'trap "" INT' to the script
/usr/lib/base-config/menu/mta but that did not help; apparently that does
not "untrap" the other signals.