Re: Sparc32 Floppy Availability

On Monday 21 March 2005 22:56, Geert Stappers wrote:
> Which configuration file in the large build process of d-i
> tells to block floppy support for sparc?

There is nothing that blocks it; the problem is there's nothing that
defines it...

The magic is in the installer/build/config/ directory structure. Compare
sparc.cfg with i386.cfg, and the sparc/ and i386/ directories...

Changes/additions may also be needed in the installer/build/pkg-lists

> There is floppy support for i386 & powerpc,
> so the buildsystem supports it.

Sure, but getting correct floppy images with working splits between boot,
root and drivers floppies and getting kernel size down to fit may not be
trivial (if it was, we probably would have Sparc floppies).