# Re: Proposal to remove archs

On # Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:14:31 -0500 (EST), Jurij Smakov wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Mar 2005, Ben Collins wrote:
>
>>As the silo maintainer (upstream and debian package) I would have hoped to
>>be included in any problems with it.
>>

>>Someone want to enlighten me on the issues affecting sarge?

>* Annoying recurring keymap problems on the console and in X.

  Something I gleaned from debian-sparc in regard to this is that there is a
set of typos in /etc/X11/xkb/symbols/sun/us (at least) where the lines

    // Override these settings by default xfree86 Ctrl+Alt combinations
    include "srvr_ctrl(xfree86)";

should have the trailing semi-colon removed as it causes syntax errors which
breaks all the "sun/us" keymaps ie. "type5" on the Ultra 1 I was installing to.
This file comes from the xlibs package currently in sarge.

Hope this helps

Regards
  Jon