JFS/ia64 support

hey,
  I spoke with Jim Lieb on Friday - he has been trying to get JFS
functional in the ia64 2.6.8 kernel (and has made some progress -
#292045), but at this point I'm thinking it'd be better to disable JFS
support on ia64 by some means so that we're closer to a releasable
state, rather than leaving broken support turned on.

We're obviously passed the point at which we can disable the JFS module
in the kernel build for RC3 - what other options do we have?  Are there
other unfrozen ways to disable JFS before RC3, or are there release
notes somewhere that I can add a warning to?

Given that its impossible to install an ia64 system w/ JFS, is there any
reason not to upload a new k-i w/ JFS disabled?  I suppose the existing
l-k-di-ia64-2.6 would then FTBFS.  Though, it would prevent people from
trying to use JFS on already-installed systems.

I'm not on the debian-boot list, please cc me.