Re: rc3 timeline

On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 08:41:52AM -0800, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > >  2. kernel-image-2.4.27-arm hasn't quite made it to testing yet either
> > >     (should today)
> > >  3. the powerpc 2.4.27 kernel still isn't updated either, and is
> > >     close to the point of not having an update included in rc3 at all.
>
> > These packages do not have such a restrictive dependancy, so they would
> > be fine. Though I think that is a bug in there packaging.
>
> Well, *that* may actually be a problem in terms of reproducibility of the
> build and GPL source requirements, so maybe someone should verify what arm
> and powerpc do with kernel-source patchlevels prior to release...

Who cares, really, all our packaging material source is held in subversion,
and there is snapshot.debian.net, which should both satisfy to the requirement
of the GPL. I will not fix this prior to release, definitively not. But if you
feel like providing patches or fixing that yourself, i would welcome the
changes, altough it would be tested and checked to make sure it doesn't break
more than it should.

Post-sarge, we will probably have a common kernel-source/kernel-image/whatever
package, which will build both the sources and the kernel-images, but this is
defintively post-sarge stuff, altough i plan to work on it in the
2.6.10/2.6.11 packaging stuff once i find some time.

Friendly,

Sven Luther