Re: rc3 timeline

On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 03:10:19PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>  3. the powerpc 2.4.27 kernel still isn't updated either, and is
>     close to the point of not having an update included in rc3 at all.

Well, i am actively working on them since a few days, and they will be
uploaded at the latest this WE. But i would need you or someone else to nudge
the ftp-masters to get them in in time. I sincerely hope that you are not
saying it is too late now, and all my work has been for nothing, or we could
just as well simply drop 2.4 for powerpc.

> Please try to avoid making any uploads to unstable that would block any
> of these, especially 1 and 2. Sven may decide to roll the new security
> fixes into the powerpc kernel, up to him I guess.

Well, i will build against the uploaded kernel-source, so it depends on a
kernel-source upload or not. I will not add extraneous arch patches for this
kind of stuff.

Friendly,

Sven Luther