Re: partman recipes and noatime?

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 04:12:42PM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 12, 2005 at 06:00:23PM +0100, W. Borgert wrote:
> > I like to set a "noatime" flag to one of my partitions.
> > Is this possible using a partman recipe?  If so, how?
>
> Yes.  There is a way, but it depends on how the noatime-option is
> described in the template-file of the corresponding partman package:
>
> 100 10000 1000000000 ext3
>         method{ format }
>         format{ }
>         use_filesystem{ }
>         filesystem{ ext3 }
> 	options/noatime { noatime - do not update inode access times at each access }
>         mountpoint{ /home } .

Hm, I tried this, but it didn't work - neither for ext3 nor
xfs.  Are you sure about the syntax?

Btw, it would be nice to have more about partman recipes
in the debian installer manual, e.g. a table with all
available options and their exact syntax.  IMHO preseeding
becomes the killer application for d-i and partman-auto is
one of most important parts of automatic installation.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/