Re: Install from CD: Kernel does not boot

Giuseppe Sacco wrote:
Il giorno mer, 16-02-2005 alle 19:55 +0100, Christoph Kobe ha scritto:

Hi,
I'm trying to install Debian Linux from a Debian CD (3.0r4 Non-US) and I get the menu but when I just hit Enter to start the installation I get the following messages:

[...]

Could you try the new debian installer instead of the old boot-floppies?
You may found a CD image (or even a minimal CD image) at
http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer

Thanks,
Giuseppe

Now I've tried this one...

http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/i386/20050217/sarge-i386-netinst.iso

But it still hangs :-(
It does not even show the messages, instead it blanks the screen.

I'm now gonna try to install with dbootstrap and knoppix.

Thanks,

Chris