Re: Anna can't find kernel modules

On Wed, Feb 09, 2005 at 10:40:45PM -0800, Bruce Perens wrote:
> Testing a fresh svn checkout of d-i on i386, building for netboot_2.6,
> running kernel version against the kernel_version header for any system
> package. But there are lots of matching packages in the d-i Packages
> file. I haven't yet instrumented anna to detect what is going wrong.

The netboot is using the sid kernels, but you are downloading the sarge
modules by default, and since the version changed, these are not compatible
anymore.

The trick is to boot as expert, chose sid as mirror for the .udeb loading
phase, and when you are at the partitioning dialog, go back until you reach
the main menu, chose the mirror again and this time go for ssarge.

Mmm, rereading your text, you probably have the exact opposite problem, but i
am sure you will be able to adapt the above instructions :)

Friendly,

Sven Luther