Re: [Jeffrey W. Baker] blown away by the new installer

Quoting Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de):
> Subject: blown away by the new installer
> From: "Jeffrey W. Baker" <jwbaker@acm.org>
> To: debian-amd64@lists.debian.org
> Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2005 13:58:51 -0800
>
> I must say how impressed I am with the new Debian installer.  I just

I've also had such reports at work (ONERA, the French Aeronautics and
Space Research Center....similar to DLR for German people) about the
amd64 port and the installer on amd64 machines.

I have to mention that I completely succeeded in  convincing a few of
our reseach teams that using Mandrake on such boxes is now irrelevant
and they can use what is the standard for all our Linux boxes now :
Debian sarge.

Thanks to the amd64 port workers for that. Even if not part of the
official sarge release, you obviously are doing a tremendously good
work.