Bug#293008: Sarge Installation Report: succes, but strange tasksel behavior
On Saturday 05 February 2005 15:05, Peter Vandenabeele wrote:
> * then in text mode, I saw messages similar to those above
> * and I got the question "Do you want to continue? [Y/n/?]"
I have tried to reproduce this using both RC2 netinst and daily (20050205)
netinst CDs (medium priority).
Whatever combination of tasks I select, I never get asked this question:
installation just proceeds:
- the info on packages to be installed/upgraded is shown (none deleted,
some held back)
- no question is asked
- the download of the first package starts
The situation that may trigger the question could be if a package were to
be deleted, but as I said I can't reproduce that.
Peter: if you can, we will need extremely exact information on:
- what architecture you use
- what installation method you use, exact version of the installer
- priority of the installation
- what you select as sources for apt in second stage
- what tasks (and/or manual selection) you select in tasksel
A copy of the base-config log would be useful as well.