Re: TG3 NIC autodetection fails with Supermicro P8SCI server motherboard

On Thursday 06 January 2005 15:41, Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> I just installed sarge/testing with network installation CD from
> 27-12-2004. I used "linux26" kernel.
>
> NIC autodetection did not detect onboard tg3 NIC's. But when I chose
> tg3 from the "manual driver selection" list, the NIC was detected OK.

Please file a bugreport against package discover1-data including the
output of 'lspci' _and_ 'lspci -n' (lspci -v is not necessary).
We can then add the PCI info in our driver database that's used for auto
detection.

Alternatively, you can file an installation report [1] and we will make
sure it get's reassigned properly.

[1] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/report-template

TIA,
FJP