Re: tasksel: no packages are scheduled to be installed, removed, or upgraded.

On Tue, Aug 10, 2004 at 10:41:21PM +0100, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com> was heard to say:
> * Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> [2004-08-10 17:17]:
> > >    no packages are scheduled to be installed, removed, or upgraded.
> >   This is a pop-up error message, right?
>
> Yes, right when I start aptitude.
>
> >   Presumably aptitude thinks you didn't select any packages to install.
> > This may be due to the bug that prevents installation by priority (so
> > standard doesn't get installed).
>
> It didn't show me any packages at all.

  It sounds like aptitude is told to start installing packages right
away and barfs because there isn't anything to install (because of the
priority bug).  It would be nice to handle this situation more
gracefully, but as I understand things it should not occur once this bug
is fixed.  A fix is sitting in testing-proposed-updates now and I'm in
the process of uploading a better fix (it turned out the first fix
didn't eliminate all the bugs).

  Daniel

|                Exhilaration is that feeling you get just                    |
|                after a great idea hits you, and just before                 |
|                you realize what is wrong with it.                           |
\------------- Debian GNU/Linux http://www.debian.org -- Because. ------------/