Zip Disk installation....

Dear Debian...

    While I am an experianced Tech, I am new to Linux installation.  My plan is to install Linux onto a 486/100 laptop.  IN this regard, I have a few questions?

    What version of Debian would you suggest?

    Can Debian installed from a (100mb) zip disk?

        If yes...

        Is there a particular image I can RawWrite to the zip drive?

        Or, can I use the same image as a CD...

    Another is my Panasonic KXL-D720, PCMCIA CD/ROM Player.  However, I have searched High and lo for a Linux disk that will boot and read this CD, without success.  If you have Linux boot image to offer please let me know.

    I am not currently able to hook this laptop to the internet directly, so I am not certain what other possibilites are available...  Thanks for your assistance.

          Sincerely, Bert Emert
          (1tim256@safeplace.net)