Re: Re: unstable modconf: FATAL: Failed to open config file /etc/modprobe.conf: No such file or directory

Thomas Hood wrote:

> The latest module-init-tools eliminates use of /etc/modprobe.conf .
> See the changelog.

Which says, in part:

> Now /etc/modprobe.d/ is processed by modprobe. This means that
>     /etc/modprobe.conf and /lib/modules/modprobe.conf are not needed
>     anymore and update-modules is now a no-op. Executable scripts in
>     /etc/modprobe.d/ are not supported anymore.

But that doesn't tell me how to get modconf to work. This is a new
install of Debian (Sarge netinstall dist-upgraded to Sid, with an
apt-get install of 2.6.6-2-686).

"module-init-tools is already the newest version."
"Version: 3.1-pre2-2"

So it seems to me that modconf is broken. Yet I don't see a bug report
for this particular problem at
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=module-init-tools.
Before I file a bug report, perhaps I'm missing some piece of
information that someone here can provide me with.

--
Kent