Re: Some issues with UTF-8 locale [UPDATE]

On Saturday 27 March 2004 18:52, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
> The programs that are affected are base-config:

[text cut]

and exim4-config:
http://people.debian.org/~markos/d-i/exim4.png
[no bug reports filed yet, it's definately the effect of #232426]

> I think that some of the problems (all?) are related to #232426,
> which is pending upload with a patch for 43 days now.
>
> Mind you, the problems with tasksel all appear in all locales that
> support UTF-8. I tried {en_US, en_GB, de_DE, es_ES, pl_PL,
> ru_RU}.UTF-8 and all had the same problem.
> It really makes an otherwise clean & perfect installation look
> amateurish.
>
> The patch in #232426, fixes the effect in #234529, but it still
> looks like the screen is too wide (goes outside the screen bounds).

Alistair, is it possible to upload a fixed whiptail package? It
doesn't fix this completely but at least it makes the menus readable
and it is not just for the Greek language, but for anyone that uses
UTF-8.

Konstantinos