Re: release status

Christian Perrier wrote:
> Quoting Joey Hess (joeyh@debian.org):
> > Assuming we release tomorrow, the deadline is now past for changes to
>
> I couldn't find the release annoucement file you mentioned me
> yesterday on IRC, and I lost my logs for checking....I remember you
> mentioning some file in doc/. Where is it ?

I moved it over the the web site cvs, where I have not checked it in. So
it's in html now -- here's a copy.

--
see shy jo
<define-tag pagetitle>Debian-Installer beta 3 released</define-tag>

The Debian-Installer team is proud to announce the third and final beta
release of the Debian sarge installer. New features in this release include:

<ul>
	<li>new easy to use partitioner that supports automatic
	partitioning and LVM</li>
	<li>grub as the default boot loader on i386</li>
	<li>wireless networking support</li>
	<li>2.4.25 kernel, with SATA support and security fixes</li>
	<li>support for the XFS filesystem</li>
	<li>support for new architectures: sparc, m68k (mac), mips,
	alpha</li>
	<li>fully translated to 25 languages</li>
	<li>a boot logo (by Mark Riedesel)</li>
	<li> a <a href="http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/";>draft
		installation manual</a>
</ul>

This release fixes all of the posted
Debian-Installer, and many other bugs besides. We anticipate that most
users will find it a great improvement from past betas. Please send us a
report of how your installation goes, so we can strive to make it even
better.

How to try out the beta:
<ul>
	<li>Download one of the available CD or other images from the d-i website,
	<li>Read the <a href="http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-i386/current/doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO";>INSTALLATION HOWTO</a>
	before installing.</a></li>
	<li>File an install report as a bug against the pseudo-package
	'installation-reports' in the Debian bug tracking system. If your
	installation was successful, there will be a template for install
	reports in /root/install-report.template. This template is also
	available <a href="$(DEVEL)/debian-installer/report-template">on
	the web</a>. Please use this template when filing installation
	reports.</li>
</ul>

We appreciate all the testing and feedback we've received for past versions
of the installer, and hope this one is the best one yet!