Re: release status

On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 06:05:25PM -0800, Jeff Bailey wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 23, 2004 at 08:39:23PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
>
> >  - Make sure the debian-installer package builds for your arch in a
> >    clean chroot, and let me know so I can add your architecture to the
> >    control file. Currently only i386, powerpc, mips, and ia64 are listed.
>
> I'll check this for sparc tomorrow.

Hi,

since I didn't hear any reports about this, I did a check with pbuilder
and a sid environment.

debian-installer package for sparc will build, but with these changes :

demo must be disabled in config/sparc.cfg. I took the right to do it in
CVS.
I also did a copy of INSTALLATION-HOWTO in build/debian, but I'm sure
that I miss something in the build process.

If somebody can confirm this result, you may add sparc in
build/debian/control.

current build process :

cd build
cp ../doc/INSTALLATION-HOWTO debian/
dpkg-buildpackage -S
cd ..
sparc32 pbuilder build debian-installer_20040304.dsc