Re: partman review

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 12:51:10AM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> Attached to this mail you will find a small script `client' and a
> small C-program server.c.  Compile the server and then start the
> client.  The client should print infininte number of strings 'How do
> you do'.  If it doesn't do this on your machine I will be happy as
> this means that you have to debug two very short programs.  Acording
> to the log file you send the server has finished 8. from the scenario
> only once and then never reaches again 1.  The client waits for it.
> This means that the problem is somewhere between 9. and 13.

Ok, i did that and :

1) when compiling, i get a warning :

  server.c:26: attention : comparison is always true due to limited
  range of data type

2) Launching first the server, it exits immediately. Launching then the
client, it prints Hod do you do ? 1 time, and then waits. Launching the
server again hangs.

3) launching first the client prints How do you do ? 1 time, and doesn't
seem to care about the server running or not. launching the server does
the same as above.

So, i suppose this does make it happy for you ? What should we debug in
order to get it working ?

Anyway, the situation is a bit different right now, since i do see the
interface, but the progress bar stops at 33%, Scanning disks, i think.

Friendly,

Sven Luther