Re: Default partition table type for non i386?

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 10:05:48AM +0200, Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can people working on non-i386 tell how we can find the default
> partition table type.  This is necessary for the autopartitioner of
> partman to work on them and will also simplify the dialog for creation
> of new partition table.
>
> Currently parted supports the following partition tables:
>
> bsd, gpt, mac, dvh, msdos, pc98, sun and amiga.

The best way would be to use archdetect, and then chose explicitly which
partition table is to be used, based on arch and subarch.

Problematic case are the ones where multiple partition tables are
possible, in this case we may ask this to the user as a low priority
question or something such, and go for a sane default.

Friendly,

Sven Luther