Instalation report: comments and suggestions

Hello,

I tested the 20040225 intaller. I still have the problem with framebuffer[1].

Comments:
- The question about retrying the DHCP is not very user friendly if he don't know what DHCP (that is a very technical thing) is.

- After that it does not ask if you want to setup the network manually, it directly ask for an IP. I wonder: what happend if the user is not connected to a network?

I forgot to connect the network cable. The message I got after setting up my network parameters was wrong (as wrong as the usual not informative win msgs ;-) ): 1) It says "the specified Debian archive mirror..." I haven't specified anything yet. 2) It was not the Debian archive failing. It was my fault of not connecting the cable! Would it be possible to check if the network is working first?

Suggestions:
- Show the speed and percentage of actual files while donwloading (my network was slow and I thought the computer could have hunged)
- At password prompt write the tipical "*" when writing
- Use the user country to help choosing the mirror

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/debian-boot-200402/msg01593.html
(I'll try to investigate this problem if i can get some time)

Thanks very much for your work at Debian.

Regards,
  Antonio Arauzo A.