Re: release status

Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> Probably it is better to wait for the comming beta and then take this
> decision?  If we have the install-reports it will be much easier to
> decide.

Unless it's default for the next beta, we will not get any install
reports about it though. Do you mean make it default to see how it does?

By the way, I think your recent set of changes addressed many of my UI
issues, I have not had a chance to test them yet.

> Some (other) things we should do before the release:
>
> 1. Support machines with 32 mb ram.  Two solutions:
>    - make anna not to install some non-necessary packages (bterm-font ?)
>    - use prepared live file systems
>
> Your opinion?

I agree, and deciding one way or the other on partman will help, since
we can drop the other one to a low priority and out of memory.

> 2. Fix #220281.  Once I wiped out the data in an important partition
>    because of this bug.

Well does partman avoid this bug? :-)

--
see shy jo